Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Chocoholites Epidemic

Is it the heat of the burning July sun or the muggy air of our window unit that is making me crave chocolate all night long?

Either way I caved.

I sit here in the aftermath of my chocolate gorge, and simply wonder who really was that chocoholic ghost that overtook me momentarily.

And now I feel like a zombie with chocolate tainted fingers, but I do not regret a single chocolate bite.

I am truly flabbergasted at the power chocolate can have on a person. As a self declared chocoholic, I see others who suffer from this delectable disease. I see them eat multiple chocolates in one sitting, I see them fill their shopping carts with only chocolate products and I see them eat the whole Nutella jar with only a spoon.

And although I do not have scientific data to proclaim this, chocoholites exist.

Chocoholites is triggered by the consumption of any chocolate product. As mentioned, I do not hold the top secret records that indicate the exact ingredient in chocolate, but consumption of anything chocolate flavored will cause the victim to want more.

Fortunately some people are immune to this, but they are rare species. They are those weird ones, that perhaps we envy, who can take a bite of chocolate and be done. They can eat one m&m and move on with their lives. I am actively researching what their magic power is.

And then there is the 1%. No, this is not the Occupy Wall Street-ers, these are those people who hate chocolate. They cannot even eat its unsavory counterpart, white chocolate, because they don't care for chocolate. I am baffled by this species, in particular I sometimes sit and wonder for hours with my jar of Nutella, 'how are they still alive?'

From all of my personal research I can safely conclude that most of us hold a gene that craves chocolate. Located in our taste buds, it yearns for this delicacy. So if you find yourself overindulging in chocolate, just know you are not alone and that this is not your fault. Chocoholites is a true epidemic. It has no cure, except to give in.

Yes my friends, indulge.

No comments:

Post a Comment