Monday, July 14, 2014

Fort Dry

I woke up determined. Determined to be productive today, determined to do laundry.

Lets be honest, I hate doing laundry. Its a tedious chore, but I was already using the other side of my underwear…

What's even worse is the fact that I can hardly call doing laundry a chore while I am staying in a dorm. Laundry has all of a sudden become an expedition of collecting quarters and gambling on laundry machines that won't my hard earned quarters.

Unfortunately today I had a dead hand.

There I was, somewhat sweaty (from frantically running around the city for quarters) but positively determined to complete my laundry in less than two hours, hassle free.

Yet the devious machines had different plans, and after losing 3 quarters I was finally able to start two machines with just enough money for drying.

Twenty minutes later I found myself in a one sided slap battle between me and the voracious drying machine.

Yes that greedy dryer ate ALL my coins.

I was livid, but what could I do? I was alone in laundry desert.

I returned to my room quietly cursing the chore of laundry and the fact that clothes are indispensable.

(But seriously, take a moment to consider disposable clothes? Clothes would be biodegradable and you could just chuck out the window. It could even act as a fertilizer for the plants! Think of all the water we could save too! )

I could only feel sorry for myself for so long after all, today was supposed to be productive. So naturally, I turned my room into Fort Laundry. Hanging from pipes, doors, door knobs and even drawers, hung all of my laundry.

I felt as if I had conquered the machines. Who needed them when I could dry my clothes the old fashion way?

Well perhaps when the colonist were drying their clothes outside it was more windy. Right now, I find myself lounging on some damp covers.

Perhaps Ill catch a cold, or freeze all night, but at least I am able to say, those laundry machines were no match for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment